Adapters are a key to making the AV Cage work.
The most important adapters are the ones that allow you to convert thread/screw holes. There are 3 main thread sizes:
- Small: 1/4″ (typical size on end of selfie stick)
- Medium: 3/8″ (typical size on some boom arms)
- Large: 5/8″ (typical size on microphone stand)
Products I use on my AV Cage have all of these thread sizes, so without adapters they would not work with each other. But I have adapters to convert thread sizes so I never have to worry about the thread size of any product I order.
Adapters used in video (and highly recommended)
- Thimble-type adapters
- Great for converting large screw to medium or small
- Thread-hole adapters (3/8″ to 1/4″)
- Great for converting betweenmedium threads and small threads
- Thread-hole adapters (5/8″ to 3/8″)
- Great for converting between large threads and medium threads
- Double-hole adapters
- Great for converting male-type end to female-type end
- Double-screw adapter
- Great for converting female-type end to male-type end
- Adapter holder case
- Any fishing lure plastic case like this works great to store the adapters
- coming soon
Have a comment about the topic of this page?
Scroll down and share it in the Reply/Comments area.
Disclosure: AV Cage is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some of the links above are Amazon affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, then I receive a small commission – but you don’t pay any more than normal.